I’m Christina Peters
Thanks for stopping by the blog. I first started this blog in 2010 as a way to answer all the questions I was getting from food bloggers and aspiring food photographers trying to figure out how to do food photography.
As I was answering questions, I started realizing that there were more topics I should blog about to help folks out who were struggling with their cameras, lenses, lighting, editing, and of course, there is the business of food photography as well. Then my readers wanted workshops, so now we have those as well.
Award Winning Photographer
I was traditionally trained having two photography degrees. I started taking pictures when I was 8 years old with my father’s camera. My second degree took me to Art Center College of design in California where I graduated with honors in 1993. From there I assisted every photographer I could for two years. Then I landed my first regular food photography account and haven’t looked back since.
I’ve taken pictures for major food brands, magazines, cookbook publishers, ad agencies, design firms, restaurants and food companies.
HOW CAN I HELP YOU?
I blog about all sorts of topics related to food photography and the business of being a professional food photographer. Here are the topics – just click each one to see them all.
- Photography Equipment gets overwhelming fast so this is one of the biggest topics.
- Photography Lighting takes time to learn but I do have some super easy set ups you can do while you learn.
- Food And Prop Styling are extremely important and if our food and props don’t look good, our images are not up to par.
- Food Photography Business is for those of you wanting to do this for a living, I’ve got several posts for you too.
- Behind The Scenes is where I show you my setups, my equipment and how I do my food photography
Photography Education & Support
The Food Photography Club membership site.
Our free Facebook group to get image feedback and support.
We’ve got all sorts of free goodies for you in one place.
Want in-person training or a comprehensive online course?
We would love to hear from you!
I get loads of questions from my food bloggers and friends – there’s no such thing as a stupid question by the way. If you have a question – just type in the topic in the search bar to the right, and you’ll find posts about that topic. Pick one, and simply ask your question in a comment.
I answer all questions on this blog. Many times, these questions will inspire my next blog post.
Subscribe to get the latest post!
I send out an email at least once a month with the current blog post and updates. Please note:
- I am not accepting guest post submissions for the blog so please do not email about this. You won’t get a response.
- I do not offer any advertising packages on the blog so please do not email asking about advertising on this blog.
- If you have a specific question about equipment – please use the search bar to the right and put in your keyword to find all the posts on that topic. Chances are I’ve already written about your question.
- Do not email me at my commercial website either asking to do a guest post. You will not get a response.
If you have any other issues with the blog, you can email me directly at cp @ foodphotographyblog .com
Thanks for reading the blog!
Due to the enormous amount of spammers who were filling out my contact form, I had to remove it.